MISSIONS OF THE MONTH:
World Mission Broadcast
Thousands of lives are transformed through the work of the Holy Spirit and World Mission Broadcast (WMB) programs. WMB helps to reach others where the church is not yet all around the world in their local language through a variety of media including television, radio and now apps.
WMB programs are produced in multiple languages and countries. The bulk of the ministry’s work in 2017 is taking place on the Asia Pacific and Africa Regions. However, new work in the Mesoamerica, South America, and Eurasia Regions is in process.
Some people like to know “statistical” information for WMB—how many languages, how many countries, how many programs? Updated “stats” will be posted here when available. In the meantime, reflect on the reality of the reach that a few of WMB programs have:
• Against the Flow (ATF) is a radio program in Manila, Philippines, and has a listening audience of 15-million people. To produce and air one-minute of ATF it costs $2.19. Yes, you read that right…$2.19 for one-minute of airtime in which 15 million people could hear the gospel.
• From Kenya, Meseret Mengesha says, “Many people say they are encouraged by the messages we put on the air.” Just one of WMB’s programs in Kenya broadcasts the Gospel in six languages, reaching more than 24,000 listeners, most of them unbelievers.
• In South Africa, one-third of Johannesburg’s 4.3 million population lives in urban Soweto, a community of stark demographic differences. Streaming into the diverse area is a Nazarene radio program called Children for Jesus. On the program, a Nazarene pastor tells the children of Soweto about Christ.
WMB Historic Highlights:
• 1944: General Assembly voted to create the Nazarene Radio League.
• 1945: Showers of Blessing - the first Nazarene English radio program is broadcast in the US. Three shortwave radio stations pick up the broadcasts and air them outside the U.S.
• 1951: NWMS takes on the project of promoting Spanish Broadcast offerings.
• 1952: The first Spanish radio program La Hora Nazarena, is aired with Dr. H. T. Reza as host.
• 1960 - 1993 Broadcasts began in the following locations: India, Verde Islands, most Portuguese speaking countries, French-Canada, France, South Africa, Venezuela, Costa Rica, Russia, Jordan. Broadcasts were also expanded to include languages such as Japanese, Italian, Zulu, Afrikaans, Mandarin, Creole, Indonesian, Korean, Chinese, Spanish, and Arabic.
• 1993: Eurasia Communications Center opened on the campus of European Nazarene Bible College.
• 1994: Asia-Pacific Region is fully operational in Manila.
• 1997: Communications centers are established in Miami for the Caribbean Region, Buenos Aires for the South America Region, and Guatemala City for the Mexico/Central America Region.
• 1999: Name is changed to World Evangelism Broadcast to accommodate other forms of communication such as TV, video, and Internet.
• 2003: The Church of the Nazarene's General Board votes to change the name to World Mission Broadcast. With the volatile political and religious climate in the world, the word "evangelism" in the name of an organization has potential to put missionaries and national Christian workers in danger.
• 2003: Mujer Valiosa (The Valued Woman) saturates Latin American radio and television.
• 2009: A new WMB program, Aktar Min Kalam, premiers on Arabic television.
Our World Mission Broadcast on Sunday, May 27th during 10:30am service.
Be sure to select "Other" under FUND and type "World Mission Broadcast" in the note section.
ALL RCNAZ MISSION PROJECTS:
Every year, Nazarene Missions International (NMI) hosts an annual Faith Promise conference to share our mission and goals with the church. Through Faith Promise, we achieve our missional goals, both locally and worldwide. NMI helps to support sharing the message of Christ throughout the world in a variety of ways. Together, as RCNAZ church, we play a huge part in sharing His message by serving, sharing, giving and praying for our missionaries. Please pray and consider making a pledge to NMI this 2021 year and help us to change the world through God's love and salvation found in Jesus Christ. Your pledge may be given at any time during the year. Thank you for your support and continued prayers.
WAYS TO GIVE TO FAITH PROMISE
Be sure to select "Missions: Faith Promise" under FUND
2. OFFERING BOX: Please place cash or check donation in Offering Box in the foyer on Sunday. Be sure to make checks out to "Ridgecrest Church of the Nazarene" and mark "Faith Promise" in the memo. Please place Pledge cards in the Offering box as well. Thank you for your generous hearts!
Every last Monday of the month, RCNAZ Missions is helping those in need to get their laundry cleaned at the local laundromat. Every human being deserves clean clothes and that shows each person has tremendous worth.
With this project, we are stepping out in faith locally to share the love of Christ by helping our neighbors. Also through this, we have found a wonderful opportunity to build meaningful relationships in our community.
Need help getting your laundry washed? Come to Laundry Love:
Every last Monday of the month
@ 7:00am - 10:00am (last load at 9:00am)
At I-Wash Laundry on Norma Street in Ridgecrest
We invite our church to help share in this wonderful mission. We are in need of volunteers, donations for washing, soap and dryer sheets. Let help keep this ministry going! If you are interested in volunteering, please contact the Church Office: 760 - 375 - 4433.
You can help us buy washes and soap! Please look for the Laundry Love donation jar at the Welcome Center or donate online:
Be sure to select "Other" under FUND and type "Laundry Love" in the note section.
Upcoming in Nazarene Missions:
Coming Up Next:
Mission of the Month:
World Mission Broadcast
Upcoming Local Events:
Please look for our Missions Moment during morning Worship @ 9:00am every last Sunday of the month. We will highlight our Mission of the Month and provide a time of offering for those who have in their heart to give to missions.
Jerry Martin Fleming
Memorial Roll Dedications:
Thank you for your life of faith
and service in Jesus Christ.
NAZARENE COMPASSIONATE MINISTRIES
Nazarene Compassionate Ministries (NCM) walks alongside local and global Nazarene churches in their efforts to meet the needs of children, families, and communities around the world.
Through your partnership, our local congregations are changing the world. NCM is part of our global effort to meet the needs of those less fortunate and/or are in crisis situations.
Please select "Missions: Nazarene Compassionate Ministries" under FUND
RCNAZ directly supports Child Sponsorship, a mission of the Nazarene Compassionate Ministries. Together, we are currently helping to care for the specific needs of children at the Native American Christian Academy. Your donations to NCM Child Sponsorship helps to provide children in need with school lunches, supplies, health care, clothing, gifts on their birthdays and more. Please pray for this mission. Consider making a one time gift or a monthly donation to help make a difference for our sponsor children at the Native American Christian Academy.
NCM believes in the Holistic Child Development model approach which cares for the spiritual, physical, intellectual, emotional and relational needs of each child to help them grow into the person God intended them to be, as well as in empowering their families and their communities. To find out more about NCM Child Sponsorship, follow this link... https://cs.ncm.org/
Be sure to select "Other" under FUND and type "Child Sponsorship" in the
Loving, Interested Nazarenes Knowing and Sharing
Every two to three years we adopt a new Nazarene missionary as part of our church family. We send birthday and holiday cards and gifts to let them know we are praying for them and thinking about them all year.
We have a new LINKS missionary family. Please welcome and pray for our missionaries, Brian and Heidi Ketchum. The Ketchums are currently serving in France.
Be sure to select "Other" under MY DONATION and type "LINKS Missionary" in the comment area.
HELPING HANDS MINISTRIES
Helping Hands Ministries reaches out to local families and individuals who are our own neighbors, friends, and church members who need support and prayers. We want to lift them up! HHM provides for emergency funds and needs, meals, groceries, helps with utility bills, and provides prescriptions to those in need in our own town. Please call the church office or speak for more information.
Please select "Missions: Helping Hands" under FUND
CRISIS CARE KITS
Feel free to donate a whole kit or just items from the list you wish to give. See Welcome Center or Janice in the office to pick up a (2 gallon) Ziplock bag if you need one. Return items to collection area at Welcome Center or the office. The kit(s) you give go directly to help people worldwide in times of disaster and crisis. Thank you for caring!
Cash or check donations will also help with the much needed shipping costs of Crisis Care Kits.
2. OFFERING PLATE: place a cash or check donation in Offering Plate on Sunday. Be sure to make checks out to Ridgecrest Church of the Nazarene and mark "Crisis Care Kits" in the memo.
Be sure to select "Other" under FUND and type "Crisis Care Kits" in the
NAZARENE MISSION BOOKS
Check out our NMI Mission Books
Missions books are a wonderful collection of true stories written and recorded by actual Nazarene missionaries. You can read them at your own pace. New editions come out every year!
Where to get Missions books: New Missions books are available in the NMI book rack in Fellowship Hall (see current list at right). Last year's editions and CDs are still available in the library adjoining to Fellowship Hall. Books are available free to check out in paperback at church or in a variety of digital formats online (see link below for options). You may also order individual and digital books from iTunes, Barnes & Noble or Amazon.
Please make sure to write your name in the NMI Book Readers log found at the wall rack (check in & out book in Fellowship Hall) as you read or listen to any NMI Missions books in any format. We would like to acknowledge our readers each year with our annual NMI Mission Book Readers Celebration Party!
Pregnancy Care Center: RCNAZ Missions gave a donation of $400.00 to help mothers in waiting with care received at Pregnancy Care Center. Pregnancy Care Center provides medical care and maternal support for expecting mothers, as well as discussing options which honor the life of babies.
Laundry Love: For the month of April 2021, we helped wash 55 loads of laundry for five families.
World Mission Broadcast: $422.25 was donated in 2020 toward World Mission Broadcast (WMB). World Mission Broadcast helps the message of Christ to be shared around the world and in rural areas, spoken in local languages through a variety of multi-media formats from television to radio and now apps.
World Evangelism Fund: Through the annual Easter Offering, $220 was given to WEF to help the Church of the Nazarene share and support the mission and message of Christ around the world.
NMI Mission Books 2020-21 Reading List
by Carol Anne
Edited by andre Bennett
To the Shelter
by Kay Browning
The Road Back
by David and Lisa Frisbie
Get involved with Missions! Here's how:
Want to be involved in our Nazarene Missions International (NMI) projects or our community outreach? You are invited to attend any of our events, meetings or share your support!
Attend a Missions Council Meeting - Join us every 2nd Saturday of the Month @ 9:00am in the library at RCNAZ. Hear what we are doing, volunteer, or share your project or ideas (dates subject to change). Please email our RCNAZ NMI President for next meeting date or for more information, Beth McCain:
Look for our "Mission of the Month" announcements during services and in the church bulletin - Every month, we will speak and invite church attendees to share, participate, or give toward our monthly missions and projects. If you are interested in being involved with NMI, please contact Beth McCain, one of our Missions team members or email email@example.com.
What do Missions volunteers do?
Our Missions volunteers share their time and gifts in a variety of collective works such as:
Coordinating efforts within the community and church to make great changes in the world through transformational love
Donating and receiving, organizing, packing, and shipping items in need to be received at specific destinations
Organizing NMI events, fundraisers and missions trips
Educating the local community about our projects and world needs
Providing meals or supplies to individuals and families in need
Teaching, sharing and discipling for Jesus
Being the hands and feet of Jesus for the sake of others, locally and worldwide
Contact RCNAZ NMI:
Want to get involved? Questions or comments? Please contact us or call the church office at (760) 375-4433
Ways to give to RCNAZ Missions projects:
2 Offering Box:
Place your gift in the offering box located in the RCNAZ Church foyer
3 Pray for NMI Missions:
We can not accomplish God's missions without His help. Please pray for our local and global missions, our missionaries and those who may receive the blessings our Lord provides through mission's work and witness.
If you do give a cash or check donation, please make checks Payable to the "Ridgecrest Church of the Nazarene."
Be sure to write "MISSIONS" or the specific offering name in the memo or note area.
Thanks so much for supporting Nazarene Missions! Missions projects are only able to make a difference in the world through Christ because of generous people like you who share their time, donations and prayers. We appreciate your support and generous hearts!